Monday, October 19, 2009

This kind of thinking still exists?

Sorry for the long delay between posts. I've seen some stupid things out there, but none too spectacular. Just the Balloon Boy and his parents, but that's already been given so much coverage.

So there is a judge in Louisiana who refuses to wed interracial couples:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/17/interracial.marriage/index.html

I wish I had something witty or wise to say here, but I'm just not too good with words. I only like pointing out the cases of stupidity I happen to come across. I just don't know what this judge's rationale is for not doing his job. He is supposed to act according to the law, and there is no law against interracial marriage, as far as I'm aware. He claims that children of interracial couples have a hard time in life, and that seems like it could be true, but it certainly isn't a known fact, and I'm sure it isn't true for many parts of the country. And most importantly, it is not for him to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment